At Notabartolo Chiropractic, we treat the body as a whole. We not only look at the area of acute pain but at the mechanical cause of the symptoms. We use scientifically sound, conservative, and successfully proven chiropractic and physical therapy practices to evaluate and treat a plethora of neuromusculoskeletal conditions.
Board certified in neuro-diagnostic testing, Dr. Vincent Notabartolo conducts full evaluations of neurological injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, pinched nerves, and diabetic neuropathy. Dr. Notabartolo practices mainstream, scientifically valid examination procedures, including standard orthopedic testing, range of motion assessments, EMG/NCV testing, and palpation (dynamic and static). The practice also has on-premise x-rays and uses broadly-accepted, mainstream manual adjusting techniques, physical therapy, physiotherapy, soft tissue massage, and acupuncture techniques.
We treat conditions such as (but not limited to):
- Acute and chronic lower, mid, and upper back pain
- Sacroiliac problems
- Acute or chronic neck pain
- Headaches (tension and migraine)
- Pain radiating to arms or legs
- Acute mechanical injuries of the shoulders, knees, elbows, and spine
- Acute or chronic overuse related pain syndrome
If you experience pain, numbness, or tingling anywhere in your body, you may be a candidate for one of our treatment plans.
EMG/NCV (electrodiagnostic testing)
An Electromyogram (EMG) detects nerve-stimulated electrical activity in muscles, which affects overall muscle activity. Problems with nerve activity cause irregular electric currents, resulting in abnormal muscle function. EMG testing helps determine nerve injury locations, the severity of nerve conditions, and how nerves may be responding to treatments.
Nerve testing is used to diagnose and treat the following conditions:
- Chronic or acute pain
- Tingling and numbness
- Cramping or spasms
- Limb pain
- Peripheral nerve damage (arms and legs)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Peripheral nerve disorders, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Muscular disorders, such as muscular dystrophy
- Disorders of motor neurons, such as sclerosis or polio
- Disorders in nerve roots, such as herniated discs
- Inflammation of muscles
- Diseases of muscle nerve roots, such as myasthenia gravis
- Pinched nerves (radiculopathy) or nerve compression